• (Applied) Cryptography: design & analysis
– Crypto primitives: Lightweight algorithms for signature and encryption; password-hashing; post-quantum cryptography; property-preserving encryption (e.g., somewhat-homomorphic schemes)
– Crypto protocols: Mobile-banking; lightweight authenticated key-agreement; cheating-detection in online games.
– Efficient implementation: Hardware-oriented design & optimizations.
• Network security
– Securing distributed systems: P2P-based systems; cloud computing virtual networking; mobile-health systems for data collection; online detection of bank frauds.
– Security in resource-constrained systems: Wireless sensor networks and anything with limited availability of processing/memory/energy.
Cíntia Borges Margi
Marcos Antonio Simplicio Junior
Paulo Sérgio Licciardi Messeder Barreto
Wilson Vicente Ruggiero